General Haulage Traffic Planner Required – EYE, SUFFOLK
General Haulage Fleet
A vacancy has arisen in a very busy General Haulage Traffic Office
This is a demanding role which requires a high degree of knowledge in the following areas
Good knowledge of vehicle planning.
Good knowledge of general haulage.
Good knowledge of UK logistics and distribution.
Good knowledge of the UK road networks.
Good knowledge of road haulage industry.
Good knowledge of the driving regulations for HGV , Working Time Directive, Driving hours etc.
We would expect the successful candidate to have;
Experience of general haulage operations (Tramping).
Experience of load planning.
Experience of route planning & scheduling.
Experience of transport management systems (MANPAC, CAUSEWAY).
Excellent communication skills.
Computer literate in Word, Excel and windows based applications.
We are looking for someone with well-founded contacts in the industry and who can bring this knowledge to bear.
This Haulage Division is part of a fleet comprising of 171 vehicles and 260 curtain sided trailers. Delivering a variety of goods to NDCs /RDCs and local distribution centres Carrying a variety of goods from industrial to retail, from construction to aviation.
Duties Include – but are not limited to:
- Plan, organize and control activities related to transportation.
- Working closely with suppliers and customers to improve operations and reduce cost.
- Coming up with solutions to availability issues.
- Manage the fleet and allocated budgets for the proposed orders.
- Report to the Transport Manager the absence from work of drivers and staff.
- Direct drivers for loading and unloading of consignments, goods and means of transport.
- Respect the law on road traffic and the traffic of goods.
- Answer requests for proposals and orders from customers.
- Receive and confirm orders for transportation.
- Organize transportation in the best conditions, in respect to the quality and the company’s timekeeping standards.
- Find optimal solutions for transport and communicate solutions to the clients.
- Anticipate the probe to troubleshoot any problems, if properly planned for the supply and cost-effective solutions and legal enforcement.
- Ensuring the personal safety and safe working environment of staff.
- Communicating with drivers, subcontractors, managers & key personnel in logistics & distribution.
- Negotiating contracts to reduce costs and achieve maximum efficiency.
- Providing accurate routing information to ensure that delivery times and locations are coordinated.
- Accurately calculating supply costs in relation to each movement or transaction.
- Obtaining quotes for transportation and also making cost comparisons.
- Accept group bookings, after ensuring that the goods are not contraband or illegal goods, are weighed correctly and that the transportation charges required for transportation are calculated correctly.
- Schedule and optimize traffic route and transport costs.
- Establish relationships with clients in pursuit of sustainable business relationships.
- Make progress reports and expenditure forecasting.
- Maintain cleanliness in the office to provide perfect setting for other office staff to be able to work effectively.
- Ensuring compliance with all current legislation and regulation issued by government or local authority.
- Ensuring compliance with all Health and Safety regulations in accordance with Bartrums Health and Safety Policy as documented in the Bartrums Health and Safety Manual.
If you see yourself as a Bartrums General Haulage Traffic Planner, upload your CV or contact Andrew or Martin or 01379 870693
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES OR JOB SITES, PLEASE