Haulage & Storage 01379 870693
Pallet & Contract Distribution 01379 870938
‘The Bartrum Group’ is family owned and managed. Leonard Bartrum, grandfather of two of the three joint Managing Directors started the business with one vehicle in 1929. This was used to transport produce from local farms to the London markets from its location in Diss, Norfolk. Over the years he built up the business expanding into furniture removals and general haulage. The company was nationalised in the 1940’s and became part of British Road Services with Leonard becoming General Manager. In 1949 Leonard purchased back the company and it became Bartrums Road Services again in 1954. In 1966, Leonard’s three sons, Phillip, Roger and Roy took over the helm and continued to expand moving into bulk malt, flour transportation and general storage.
Dedicated distribution services commenced in 1967 for Boots The Chemists delivering products from Nottingham to their high street stores throughout Norfolk and Suffolk.
In the 1970’s Trumbar Truck Care was formed to maintain the fleet of vehicles and trailers, this service was also provided to other local haulage companies. In the Early 1980’s dedicated deliveries started for Robert Horne Paper of Northampton and MK Electric based in Edmonton, North London.
Bartrums Haulage & Storage was also formed with the purchase of a 13 acre site in Eye, Suffolk which included 100,000 sq ft of warehousing.
In 2004, Phillip, Roger and Roy handed the reins of the company to the Third generation of Stephen, Shaun and Robert.
See some of our documentation and certification below:
We are delighted to add our first MAN TGE 3.140 to our fleet, this is a very important addition to … read more