Haulage & Storage 01379 870693
Pallet & Contract Distribution 01379 870938
The Bartrum Group specialise in dedicated logistics, road haulage, warehousing and pallet distribution.
The Bartrum Group has a staff of 267 full time employee equivalents and is located on a 600,000 sq ft site in Eye which we moved to in 1975.
The group is comprised of three companies; Bartrum Group Ltd Haulage and Storage, Bartrum Group Ltd Road Services and Trumbar Truck Care. We provide road haulage and warehousing services to a wide range of industries in Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire and Essex. The services we provide
• Dedicated logistics
• Full/part load haulage and distribution
• Bulk haulage and storage
• UK and international pallet distribution
• Economy and hazardous pallet distribution
• Driver CPC training
Bartrums recognise that climate change is a serious global problem and as a business we are committed to minimising our contribution to it. To this end, we have set targets as follows:
I. Fleet: we are currently achieving 102 ‘tonne miles’ per litre of diesel —we aim to increase this by 5% each year
2. Electricity use: we are currently achieving 289 kWh per m2 of floor area —we aim to reduce this by 5% each year (or replace with zero carbon energy that we generate onsite)
3. Total carbon footprint: we are currently achieving currently 657 tonnes of CO,e per Em turnover — we aim to reduce this by 5% each year
To achieve our environmental objectives we will:
1. Install solar panels
2. Train our drivers to drive smoothly and efficiently
3. Continue to modernise our vehicles, conforming to the European Community’s most demanding levels of exhaust emissions
4. Continue to ensure that all vehicles are maintained to the highest standards, with checks on tyre pressures and other key factors which improve fuel efficiency carried out regularly
5. Continue to maximise carrying capacity of our trailers and to reduce wind resistance
6. Allocate work to vehicles in the best location, reduce empty running and improving efficiency
The action plan and policy will be communicated to our staff through our intranet and posting on our action board in our main office. The action board will show our commitments, initial action plan and the subsequent results. A full annual review will take place or these documents.
We have also recently commissioned a new trailer that will publicise our involvement in Suffolk Carbon Leaders and our new solar panels. This trailer will be exclusively serving Suffolk and the surrounding areas. It is hoped that this will encourage other businesses in the area to look at installing solar panels
An internal green group consisting of key members of the office team, David Gunson, Andrew Watton and Jan Harvey will be responsible for the action plan implementation and subsequent reduction of our carbon footprint.
Suffolk Carbon Charter – Silver Level
Following an assessment of The Bartrum Group Ltd. on 15/01/2015, the Charter panel has approved accreditation to the Carbon Charter, at Silver Level.
The Carbon Charter is awarded to companies that are monitoring and reducing their carbon emissions. It is intended to provide public recognition of this vital step to our shared goal of Creating the Greenest County. The Silver Charter is only awarded to companies that, in addition to implementing best practice measures for managing and reducing energy use, have already made significant progress along the way to becoming a sustainable company, in particular through clear reductions in their carbon footprint.
The panel was pleased by the strong approach and commitment shown by The Bartrum Group to emissions management, as evidenced by steady improvements in fuel efficiency and tonne miles. The business is also tackling its on-site emissions in logical priority (as recommended by the Suffolk Carbon Leaders report), having installed LEDs in the warehouses and added a large solar PV array. The panel is impressed with its plans to publicise this across Suffolk via truck livery.
6 Years after taking on the Warehousing function at a leading paper sheeting plant in Suffolk. Bartrums have commissioned new handling … read more