Assistant Workshop Manager Required in busy 24hr workshop in EYE SUFFOLK
A rare opportunity has opened for a new key player to join the management team in the capacity of Assistant Workshop Manager. We require a skilled individual who is able to harness modern technology, implement industry best practices whilst inspiring and leading a well-established vehicle workshop, consisting of a team of technicians. As the Assistant Workshop Manager for our business you will ideally have time served experience and can demonstrate your capacity in similar roles.
We require an individual who has experience of managing a busy vehicle workshop and providing support across areas of the business using your engineering experience.
We are looking for someone with a proven track record of workshop management in a similar business and thoroughly understands the dynamics of an in-house vehicle workshop.
Responsibility for the vehicle workshop including servicing, MOT prep and budget management
- Ensure the OCRS for our fleet of 160 motorised vehicles and 250 trailers remains at the forefront of safety and road worthiness
- Ensure business equipment for the safety of staff and customers including but not limited to:
- calibration of equipment, etc
- including of outsourcing vehicle servicing and maintenance where required.
- Ensure workshop performance and delivery of key financial targets
- Ensure the development of the existing staff including talent mapping, motivating and personal development
- Provide cover in exceptional circumstances in other areas of the department
- Assist Management improve and develop the vehicle workshop systems
- Assist in Weekly and Monthly KPI Reports to the Managing Director and Senior Management team where required
- Assist in driving department changes where required to enhance and develop our infrastructure
- Extensive knowledge including vehicle and industry legislation and well trained on the HGV inspection/testers manual
- Excellent decision-making skills, a high level of initiative and able to prioritise problem solve
- An excellent commercial understanding of vehicle costings and resource management
- A good ability to learn new IT Platforms and operate proficiently across various software
- Prior experience in a similar role is essential
- The ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Works well under pressure and is still able to inspire and lead a team of fitters
- The ability to work as part of an integral team
- Excellent time keeping, flexibility and attendance is required
We are looking for someone who embodies our values and consistently strives for excellence. We want a creative and commercial thinker capable of delivering on targets
Call: David Ryland 01379 872302 Option 1