General Haulage Traffic Planner Required – ELY, CAMBRIDGESHIRE
Factory Implant, working with production and planning for outbound loads
This role requires a high degree of knowledge in the following areas
Good knowledge of vehicle planning.
Good knowledge of general haulage.
Good knowledge of UK logistics and distribution.
Good knowledge of the UK road networks.
Good knowledge of Pallet Networks.
Good knowledge of the driving regulations for HGV , Transport related Health and Safety, Driving hours etc.
We would expect the successful candidate to have;
Experience of general haulage operations (Tramping).
Experience of load planning.
Experience of route planning, scheduling.
Experience of transport management systems (MANPAC, CAUSEWAY) not essential.
Excellent communication skills.
Computer literate in Word, Excel and windows based applications.
This Haulage Division is part of a fleet comprising of 171 vehicles and 260 curtain sided trailers. Delivering a variety of goods to NDCs /RDCs and local distribution centres Carrying a variety of goods from industrial to retail, from construction to aviation.
Duties Include – but are not limited to:
- Plan, organize and control activities related to transportation.
- Working closely with the customer to improve operations and reduce cost.
- Coming up with solutions to availability issues.
- Direct drivers for loading and unloading of consignments, goods and means of transport.
- Respect the law on road traffic and the traffic of goods.
- Answer requests for proposals and orders from the customer.
- Receive and confirm orders for transportation.Find optimal solutions for transport and communicate solutions to the clients.
- Ensuring the personal safety and safe working environment of staff.
- Communicating with drivers, subcontractors, managers & key personnel in logistics & distribution.
- Providing accurate routing information to ensure that delivery times and locations are coordinated.
- Obtaining quotes for transportation and also making cost comparisons.
- Schedule and optimize traffic route and transport costs.
- Establish relationships with clients in pursuit of sustainable business relationships.
- Make progress reports and expenditure forecasting.
- Ensuring compliance with all current legislation and regulation issued by government or local authority.
- Ensuring compliance with all Health and Safety regulations in accordance with Bartrums Health and Safety Policy as documented in the Bartrums Health and Safety Manual.
If you see yourself as a Bartrums General Haulage Traffic Planner, upload your CV or contact Andrew or Martin or 01379 870693
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES OR JOB SITES, PLEASE